My new girlfriend had bad boyfriends that controlled her in the past so doesn't initiate anything, how can I help her know it's okay?

Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: Loss of self esteem

She seems she lost he r self esteem and would benefit from therapy by a therapist, since it may be not easy for u to be able to deal with her condition.

In brief: Loss of self esteem

Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Don't control her

The best way to show her you are not like the controlling past boyfriends is to avoid trying to make her initiate things.
You can't change how she feels only encourage her to talk about it . Ask if she has problems now with all those past experiences. She might feel free then to tell you things that can help you to have a relationship, allowing you both to initiate things. Don't keep score!

In brief: Don't control her

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine