I'm 21 yrs old and still having to lie to my mom about sleeing over at my boyfriends, how can I get her to be okay with it?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Agree to disagree

This may be one of those areas where you have to agree to disagree, because it's impossible to force someone to agree with you.
The more important question is why you feel you "have to lie" about your actions, when legally you're an adult? If you aren't yet living on your own, there may be house rules you need to follow out of respect; if you're on your own, your decisions are yours and your bf's.

In brief: Agree to disagree

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Peter Forster

In brief: Good Luck with That

I am 54 years old and I am still having trouble getting my mother to be ok with the profession i chose.
There really isn't a way to get someone to be ok with something. However, it might help to sit down with her and make sure you really understand what her concerns are. Listening is very useful but hard when strong feelings are involved.

In brief: Good Luck with That

Dr. Peter Forster
Dr. Peter Forster
Dr. Ahmad Aslami

In brief: Tell the truth

Lying will cause you to lose your mom's trust on you, you need to face the challenge of facing the moment of truth soon or latter. It is always best to tell the truth as soon as possible.

In brief: Tell the truth

Dr. Ahmad Aslami
Dr. Ahmad Aslami
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine