How can I help my boyfriend understand it's okay for my salary to be higher than his?

Dr. James Huang
In brief: We, not me
In forming a family unit, the emphasis is to create "we", not "me".
One's salary does not become "mine", but "ours". There is truth to the cultural concept in marriage when two become one. It takes maturity, wisdom, and time to foster a healthy relationships.

In brief: We, not me
Dr. James Huang
Dr. James Huang
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Salary
I get feeling that u both are worried about this, as i remember a boyfriend asking the same question about his gf making more than him. In my opinion, if u both are happy with what u do, and care about each other, all the rest can be trivial, as long as u both share responsibilities financially.

In brief: Salary
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine