I like to talk things out right away while my boyfriend perfers to shrug things off, how can we figure things out?

Dr. Bassam Amawi
In brief: Do U care ?
If u care about each other and u wants to work things out , u need to be upfront and talk about what u like in each other and what u don't like and how can change it.
Family therapy sometimes can be helpful.

In brief: Do U care ?
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Emmett Miller
In brief: Be clear, insist
Let him know that your being happy in the relationship will depend upon his being able to accept your needs for clarity.
Although it may take a little patience on his part, it will prevent you from feeling dismissed and under-valued - which will kill the love in time. Let him know that this is a normal need for a woman, that you can and let him think about it a while, but that discuss it you must.

In brief: Be clear, insist
Dr. Emmett Miller
Dr. Emmett Miller
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine