My boyfriend and I live together but I want to break up with him but I pay for rent, do I leave the apartment?

Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Breakup
Not sure of your circumstances or reasons for the breakup, but suggest u seek support from friends or family members for advice.

In brief: Breakup
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Susan Feingold
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Shouldn't he leave..
If you are paying for the apartment and you and your boyfriend break up, why would you be the one to leave? Are you financially supporting him? If this is a pattern? If so, maybe it would be helpful for you to look at the issue of co-dependence.

In brief: Shouldn't he leave..
Dr. Susan Feingold
Dr. Susan Feingold
Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Legal question
Sounds like you may need an attorney or mediator for this one.
Depends on who is listed on the lease, and what agreement you can make with your boyfriend.

In brief: Legal question
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Andrew Carroll
In brief: Correct website?
This is not really a medical question.

In brief: Correct website?
This is not really a medical question.
Dr. Andrew Carroll
Dr. Andrew Carroll
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine