How long does it take a chemical burn on the lips from teeth whitening to heal? It keeps flaring after more than a month and spreading on my face

Dr. Michael Dolby
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: See your physician

Burns from teeth whitening are usually gone within 2-3 days.
If this is spreading it's not a result of the peroxide and you should see your doctor.

In brief: See your physician

Dr. Michael Dolby
Dr. Michael Dolby
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dentistry

In brief: 3-Day Rule

The wonderful thing about the healing powers of tissues of the mouth is that healing is generally rapid.
Any lingering deficit should be brought to the attention of your dentist asap! i give my patients my "3-day rule" that says--"if any change in the mouth lasts more than 3 days or happens more than 3 times, you need to see your dentist--because it's likely a bigger problem than you think!".

In brief: 3-Day Rule

Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: 7-10 days

I would be concerned for any wound to be active for over a month.
Normally healing is 7-10 days. Non healing after 2 weeks is very concerning. You may have a systemic condition that delays healing. I would see a physician to rule out medical condition. And discuss the chemical burn with your dentist. 1 hour whitening is the least effective way to whiten teeth, with the most risk and side effects.

In brief: 7-10 days

Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Brijesh Chandwani
Pain Management

In brief: Call PCP

Healing does depend on the amount of area involved in the burn.
From the sounds of it, you need to consult your pcp or maybe a plastic surgeon for appropriate care.

In brief: Call PCP

Dr. Brijesh Chandwani
Dr. Brijesh Chandwani
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology