How can I handle my girlfriend being bisexual while i'm heterosexual?

Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Tough question.
You need to know exactly how you feel about various sexual orientations including your own.
Your personal and family views as well as religious beliefs if any, have to be taken into account. You certainly have to have a heart to heart talk with your girlfriend once you are sure you know yourself and your family's positions. Sexual orientation is sensitive. You have a very difficult task ahead.

In brief: Tough question.
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Rebecca Canner
It doesn't really have to be an issue if both of you are committed to monogymy. Bisexuals are simply attracted to varying degrees to both sexes. That does not mean they need to have simultaneous partners of both sexes. If she is attracted to YOU then that's really all that matters. I agree you need to have a conversation about it but also think about your own feelings. Relationships sometimes end because one partner develops feelings for someone else. In her case that "someone" could be either male or female. Would that matter to you if it did happen? (Ie would it be harder to handle if she left you for a female as opposed to a male?) Does it bother you that she might be attracted to other women? Are YOU attracted to other women? How would she feel about that? All of these are important questions to answer for yourself and if necessary with your partner if you think there is an issue of fidelity.
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
In brief: What difference
What is the difference if she were heterosexual? Monogamy isn't special to heterosexuals and trust is trust.
How can she be sure you won't cheat on her with another woman? Maybe if you can answer that question, you can apply it to her. Keep the relationship happy, caring and loving to reduce any reason for cheating.

In brief: What difference
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham