My boyfriend recently posted lyrics on his facebook that make me think he misses his ex, what should I do?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Ask him

The best person to tell you how he feels, is your boyfriend.
However, even if he misses her it doesn't necessarily mean he wants to get back together with her. It sounds like you may not be sure he cares for you as much as you do him. Whether this is about your own insecurity, his behavior, or some combination of both only the two of you can say. Therapy could help you with your own part.

In brief: Ask him

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Cyma Khalily

In brief: ASK

Ask him would be the best bet.

In brief: ASK

Ask him would be the best bet.
Dr. Cyma Khalily
Dr. Cyma Khalily
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Wait a while

I would wait and watch for any patterns that may bolster that concern.
He may need time to work through the lost relationship. That doesn't mean that your relationship with him is flawed or that he misses his ex. Don't be a detective. Let him know you look at his facebook postings and lyrics and if you liked them or not. How he responds may show your concerns about him are unwarranted.

In brief: Wait a while

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine