How can I assess for adhd?

Dr. Alan Cohen
In brief: ADHD
Diagnosis is made on a clinical basis.
There are some very good structured clinical interview forms available that ask lots of pertinent questions and have rating scales. Seeing a psychiatrist known for assessing adhd is important. That md should provide the tests. No lab test can diagnose adhd.

In brief: ADHD
Diagnosis is made on a clinical basis.
Dr. Alan Cohen
Dr. Alan Cohen
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Depends
Gosh, ive had insurance hmo idiots in the past tell me all that was needed was watching in the waiting room. Assessments vary from history checklists, to much more formal and comprehensive pediatric neuropsychological assessments that also assess co-existing learning disorders, memory and executive functions: see http://www.
Adhdassessment.Com.

In brief: Depends
Adhdassessment.Com.
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Dr. Jonathan Nehrer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Find a professional
Find a good psychologist or psychiatrist with lots of experiance with children.
They will be familiar with the apa dsm IV diagnostic criteria for adhd. By gathering information form the parents and the teachers and observing and talking to the child the professional can make a determination.

In brief: Find a professional
Dr. Jonathan Nehrer
Dr. Jonathan Nehrer
Dr. Jonathan Jassey