I know relationships take work but should they really be structured?

Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Some take work and
Some don't, largely based on the degree of positive emotional chemistry present or absent.
Relationships become work as the degree of positve chemistry decreases. However, even a strong relationship with lots of good chemistry should never be taken for granted but regularly nurtured.Trying to force a relationship into a desired structure is even harder work. Relationships can't be structured.

In brief: Some take work and
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Zahid Awan
In brief: Possibly
Relationships between two people with different personalities are complex.
I think the best answer is that it is a combination of structure and spontaneity that eventually dictates the term of one's relationship. Its important to be yourself and be flexible and understanding towards your partner. Excessive structure can lead to rigid behaviors that can be poisonous for the relationship.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Zahid Awan
Dr. Zahid Awan
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine