I want to give the extra mile at my new job but my husband doesn't want me spending so much time without pay, what do I do?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Job

Set priorities; health before family before job.

In brief: Job

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Ely Pelta

In brief: Balance

Healthy living requires balance, your husband is a priority but work is important.
Staying without pay is a sacrifice, an investment if you see good things coming, but if not, give the time to your family, not the job.

In brief: Balance

Dr. Ely Pelta
Dr. Ely Pelta
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: Conflict Resolution

Does spending more time at the job offer a future increase in compensation? If so i would help your husband to understand this.
Your relationship with your husband should be of paramount importance in order to insure a long lasting relationship--so don't let the new job destroy your marriage. Explain to him the benefit of your professional relationships on the job and its importance as well.

In brief: Conflict Resolution

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine