Why do I keep ending up with guys that don't plan dates for me?

Love relationships. Who you chose often reflects how you think about yourself. If you treat yourself badly you are likely to attract someone who treats you badly. Making efforts to communicate about what matters to you is very important. Ultimately the purpose of a relationship is to bring love to your life. Love is the greatest adventure in life and during the middle years the great danger is missing it.
You need to talk. Be open and honest with your guy about your feelings, your thoughts, and your expectations out of a relationship. Ask questions. You might be assuming things. Let him know you would feel more comfortable/more desirable/etc if he planned more dates for you. Honesty and communication is a critical part of making a relationship last. Maybe you never had that talk and so that's why they didn't plan.