My boyfriend and I were together every day for 4 yrs and now we are long distance, how can I handle this?

Dr. Susan Feingold
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Sounds difficult
That sounds like a difficult situation, particularly if it's not temporary.
Hopefully you have maintained your friendships which can provide a level of support, and you have other ways to cope, such as exercise, creative interests, etc. It is a loss and it may take time to adjust to your new arrangement. Talking with a therapist may be helpful as well.

In brief: Sounds difficult
Dr. Susan Feingold
Dr. Susan Feingold
Dr. Robert Woods
In brief: Handle With Care
In the words of thomas haynes bayly (1844), "absence makes the heart grow fonder." in long distance relationships communication is key.
Be romantic and exchange love letters. Avail yourselves of modern technology using such things as facetime or skype. Send each other care packages filled with favorite items. It is important to know that your separation is finite. Know when you will meet again.

In brief: Handle With Care
Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
In brief: Busy
Find something constructive that you can use to occupy your mind.
Work really hard and keep yourself busy. Do not allow yourself to get caught up in negative thoughts and emotions. Plan your weekly or monthly get togethers and what you will do with them and think on these. My wife and i did this while i was in medical school; every weekend was like a honeymoon. www.medac4u.com.

In brief: Busy
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Ely Pelta
In brief: Long distance love
Use skype, face time, letters, email, and phone.
It will stress the relationship but if it endures it is a measure of how strong you guys are.

In brief: Long distance love
Dr. Ely Pelta
Dr. Ely Pelta
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine