Can you take amoxicillin for tooth abscess?

Not always 1st choic. Amoxicillin is not always the first choice for a tooth abscess. Simple pen v-k is very effective & if it is a recurring abscess, Clindamycin is next best. All depends on the severity of the problem & of course if you are allergic to certain antibiotics. I wouldn't take it as a matter of fact, see your dentist & decide.
See a dentist ASAP. You must treat the source of the infection, not only the symptoms. Therefore, you need to clean out the inside of the tooth to remove the bacteria which is the source of the infection. The antibiotics cannot reach the source of the infection. See a dentist for more information, recommendation and treatment.
Yes, with a caveat. Amoxicillin is an effective oral antibiotic. The 875mg does is taken twice daily, the 500mg dose is three times a day. Make sure you are not allergic to penicillin. If so do not take and see a dentist asap.
Yes. It is one of the possible antibiotics that can be used for a tooth abscess. There are several others that can be recommended, like penicillin. The one that your dentist recommends that does not conflict with your medical history or allergies that you may have is the one to go with.