I shaved my pubic area and now I think i'm breaking out, what do I do?

Dr. Michael Klein
In brief: Common problem
This is a common side effect of shaving pubic region, especially first time.
It is called pseudofolliculitis barbae, which simply means inflammed ingrown hairs. Only way to prevent is to not shave but some helpful advice: 1. Shave only in direction of "grain" 2. Trim with scissors, don't shave. 3. Use conditioner instead of shaving cream. 4. Use new razors and never, ever share razors.

In brief: Common problem
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Bassam Amawi
In brief: Allergic ?
First u need to remeber what u used , since u ?ems to be allergic to it.
U. Can try to use antihistamine cream. If it is mild , or u may want to see u p CP if u need some thing more.

In brief: Allergic ?
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Cyma Khalily
In brief: LEAVE ALONE
Best to leave alone or put some antibiotic ointment in the area.
Should improve as the hair grows out. Just the same as shaving anywhere else. Maybe want to either leave alone or consider nair hair remover in the future or wax.

In brief: LEAVE ALONE
Dr. Cyma Khalily
Dr. Cyma Khalily
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine