My eyes get so red when I use the computer at work. What can I do?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Dry eye
When you read or use a computer, your eyelid blink rate reduces significantly, leading to dry eye.
This causes the eye to feel tired and increases redness. I would try using artificial tears.

In brief: Dry eye
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology
In brief: Dry eye
Use of the computer causes dry eye.
Pick up some aritificial tears such as theratears and use them every 30 minutes while using the computer. Take a break every hour and look at something far away out the window to relax your focus.

In brief: Dry eye
Use of the computer causes dry eye.
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. John Odette
Ophthalmology
In brief: Artificial Tears
Most of the time when we work at a computer we stare and we do not blink as often as normal.
This can cause our eyes to dry out and become red. Try using artificial tears and if the problem does not get better you should be seen by an ophthalmologist.

In brief: Artificial Tears
Dr. John Odette
Dr. John Odette