I smoke a lot because of stress from work. What can I do to stop myself from smoking?

Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Smoking Cessation

#1. Nicotine anonymous #2 I have had success treating people in recovery from nicotine addiction using the patch.
Decrease the dose very gradually, making reductions every two weeks or longer, to increase the likelihood of staying stopped. This works bests if done in combination with #1.

In brief: Smoking Cessation

Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: Alternatives

Eliminate ash trays and triggers for smoking replace with nicotine products if you must i have had good results with combined oils of lavender, peppermint and citrus used in place of smoking by breathing from hands as in for 3sec thru nose; hold for 5 sec and out for 8 secs.
Repeat 10 times lavender works as well as Xanax (alprazolam) in calming with no side effects www.Medac4u.Com breathing exerrcise is.

In brief: Alternatives

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology