I have shingles! but I need to go to work. Anything I can do?

Dr. William Nall
Sports Medicine

In brief: Shingles

You should be put on an antiviral and possibly some steroids to help with the pain.
That will give you the best chance of not developing post herpatic neuralgia which is chronic nerve pain from having shingles.

In brief: Shingles

Dr. William Nall
Dr. William Nall
Dr. Kathleen Cullen

In brief: It depends on you

It just depends on where your outbreak is located like on your face or if you are in any discomfort.
Shingles is a reactivation of the chicken pox that has laid dormant over the years. The risk of transmission is low unless you come in contact with people with poor immune systems (ie HIV or cancer patients on chemo etc...) that being said you probably can go to work unless you are uncomfortable.

In brief: It depends on you

Dr. Kathleen Cullen
Dr. Kathleen Cullen
Dr. Adam Smith