Is there a way to type without getting wrist pain?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Wrist pain

Proper positioning of the wrist is essential to mininmizing wrist discomfort from compression neuropathies caused by swelling in the wrist area on the median nerve.
Using appropriate wrist guards or splinting may be useful. Occasionally a steroid injection may be helpful prior to surgery.

In brief: Wrist pain

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: Ergonomics

Make sure your keyboard is positioned so that your arms are parallel to the floor with the wrists straight and unbent; a soft gel cushion under the wrists is helpful.
Take a supplement rich in b vitamins and herbal anti-inflammatories. My favorite is super blue green algae. See my website for details www.Medac4u.Com.

In brief: Ergonomics

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Maybe

Be sure your wrists are bent back slightly.
This opens the carpal tunnel optimally and can decrease pressure on the nerve coursing through the carpal tunnel. There are keyboards and wrist rests designed for this. Additionally, you can wear wrist splints that will position your wrists appropriately. Don't underestimate the importance of seeing a plastic surgeon who does hand surgery.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine