Is there a way to type without getting wrist pain?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Wrist pain
Proper positioning of the wrist is essential to mininmizing wrist discomfort from compression neuropathies caused by swelling in the wrist area on the median nerve.
Using appropriate wrist guards or splinting may be useful. Occasionally a steroid injection may be helpful prior to surgery.

In brief: Wrist pain
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
In brief: Ergonomics
Make sure your keyboard is positioned so that your arms are parallel to the floor with the wrists straight and unbent; a soft gel cushion under the wrists is helpful.
Take a supplement rich in b vitamins and herbal anti-inflammatories. My favorite is super blue green algae. See my website for details www.Medac4u.Com.

In brief: Ergonomics
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Maybe
Be sure your wrists are bent back slightly.
This opens the carpal tunnel optimally and can decrease pressure on the nerve coursing through the carpal tunnel. There are keyboards and wrist rests designed for this. Additionally, you can wear wrist splints that will position your wrists appropriately. Don't underestimate the importance of seeing a plastic surgeon who does hand surgery.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine