I'm not happy at work. Am I depressed?

Dr. Lawrence Smith
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Work problems only

If you're unhappy at work but happy everywhere else you are probably not clinically depressed.
Instead, you're not happy at work for some reason(s). Determining why you're unhappy at work is the first step. Perhaps you're not challenged or are bored. Perhaps you're experiencing a conflict with a co-worker. Figure this out and then make a plan to remedy the situation.

In brief: Work problems only

Dr. Lawrence Smith
Dr. Lawrence Smith
Dr. John Chavez
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Sad at work

Many people are not happy with the work they do and are not depressed.
I'd you are unhappy in many other situations such as at home, with family and friends, you may be depressed. Talk with you doctor.

In brief: Sad at work

Dr. John Chavez
Dr. John Chavez
Dr. Mounir Belcadi

In brief: Probably not....

When you are depressed, you are depressed everywhere.
....If you're happy at home, looking forward to doing what you like doing, enjoy life in general then odds are your work is not working out for you. If you have been feeling blah or sad, and your unhappiness extends outside of work then you should start talking about depression with your doctor.

In brief: Probably not....

Dr. Mounir Belcadi
Dr. Mounir Belcadi