My wrist cracks when I type. Is this normal?

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Maybe

Without an examination it would be difficult to say in this kind of forum. Some people just pop at there joints as they age.
A good rule of thumb ( no pun intended ) if it hurts go get in checked out by your doc. Pain is your body's way of sending you a distress signal.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Jack Choueka
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Can be

Cracking sounds joints in the move a very common just like knuckle cracking.
If there was no injury and is no pain that nothing need be done. It causes pain or weakness or there was an injury evaluation by orthopedic or hand surgeon can help make a diagnosis.

In brief: Can be

Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jack Choueka