I broke my finger and need to type for work. What can I do?

Dr. Todd Guyette
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: It depends...
The location and character of the fracture makes a big difference on how hand fractures are treated.
Treatment ranges from protected rom, to splints or casts, or even surgery. You need the fracture to be assessed by a qualified medical professional -.

In brief: It depends...
Dr. Todd Guyette
Dr. Todd Guyette
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
In brief: Not much
You are left to your own creativity here; it is definitely going to slow you down until it heals.
Some light, small splints if you can place them may allow you to type but I am afraid nothing will restore you to your previous speed until the finger has healed and the splint no longer in the way. You might look at some speech to text software that might get you around some of the typing.

In brief: Not much
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr