I listen to music with my earphones really loudly at work. Is this safe?

In brief: No

The evidence is in.
Loud music especially through headphones can eventually cause permanent hearing loss. Some young people listen at levels equivalent to jet engine noise! Turn it down, or better yet, turn it off and enjoy the quiet.

In brief: No

The evidence is in.
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: NO

The loud music will damage your hearing.
If you are unable to hear your surroundings it could lead to potential injuries depending on what kind of work and exposures you have. I would recommend you reduce the music to a level that allows you to be easily aware of your surroundings and this levels should be much safer for your hearing. You will miss your speech discrimination when it is gone.

In brief: NO

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr