If I am exposed to mold at work, how can I protect myself?

Dr. Alex Martinez
Internal Medicine - Allergy
In brief: Work Mold Exposure
Molds are ubiquitous in outdoor air and therefore easily get indoors as well.
They grow on most organic matter, especially in moist conditions. Allergic workers experiencing respiratory symptoms should identify possible mold sources, request moving to an area away from mold, and consult a physician regarding medications to control allergies. Allergy injections also help keep symptoms in check.

In brief: Work Mold Exposure
Dr. Alex Martinez
Dr. Alex Martinez
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Mold exposure
Speak with your supervisor immediately.
And document any symptoms that are present only at work and resolve when you are at home. An occupational physician is the one to ask about this.

In brief: Mold exposure
Speak with your supervisor immediately.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Troy Ross
Occupational Medicine
In brief: Good ventilation
That are no strict exposure standards for mold.
Good practice is to keep indoor levels less than 5 times outdoor levels. For the typical work environment all that is needed is good ventilation if levels are high (after the source is taken care of).

In brief: Good ventilation
Dr. Troy Ross
Dr. Troy Ross
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology