Can you be addicted to coffee?

David Miller
In brief: Caffeine addiction
Yes, you can become addicted to the caffeine in coffee.
One of the hallmark symptoms of caffeine withdrawal is a migraine-like headache that responds well to nsaids and/or caffeine. However a modest amount of coffee is considered safe for most people and is a part of culture in the usa.

In brief: Caffeine addiction
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
There is a mild withdrawal syndrome that Dr. Pizzo has described. However, no one finds it really difficult to give up coffee if for some reason they wish to do so. Whether this should be considered an "addiction" is a question I'll leave for philosophers. I suspect most physicians writing for HealthTap have used coffee judiciously to survive the long hours required of us.
Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology
In brief: Not coffee-caffeine
Not likely coffee, but caffeine dependence

In brief: Not coffee-caffeine
Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
Dr. Bassam Amawi
And when u suddenly stop it u can have hd, try to limit u intake to two cups a day.

Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery