I get really anxious when i'm working. I don't know how to make myself relaxed. Is there anything I can do?

Dr. Valencia Porter
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Mind-body modalities

Try to breathe in and out through your nose slowly and with a soft belly.
Use relaxing aromatherapy such as lavender, lemon balm. Try guided imagery or other self-hypnosis. Figure out what it is about working that is causing you anxiety and see if there is a solution to reduce the impact. Exercise daily. Try daily meditation. Avoid use of stimulants including coffee, energy drinks, cigarette.

In brief: Mind-body modalities

Dr. Valencia Porter
Dr. Valencia Porter
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Work situation

I agree with my colleagues that certain relaxation modalities can help.
But could something specific about your work situation be bothering you? Some situations don't lend themselves to "relaxing, " and instead the discomfort is a warning message. Have you got an overbearing boss, or one who's asking inappropriate things of you? Are you being sexually harrassed on the job? These are important.

In brief: Work situation

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Maritza Baez

In brief: Stay active

Exercise is a great way to relieve stress.
Your body releases endorphins during exercise, which can help you feel calm. If you exercise 30 - 60 minutes a day, your stress levels can improve. When stressed, take 5 slow, deep breaths with your eyes closed, then roll your shoulders forward 5 times, then back 5 times. This will slow your heart rate and release tension in your neck and shoulders.

In brief: Stay active

Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Peter Kurzweil