I have to talk a lot at work. How can I protect my voice?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: By speaking properly

Speaking is like anything we do.
It can be done well or done poorly. There is a proper way to speak involving good breathing and "support" combined with a relaxed neck and voice box. A lot of people don't breath properly and "squeeze" or tense their throat muscles when they speak. These people will feel tired and uncomfortable after speaking a lot. A speech therapist can fix this.

In brief: By speaking properly

Speaking is like anything we do.
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Plent of water

Drink plenty of water. Avoid caffeine - it dries out your saliva.
If you have symptoms of acid reflux... Get it treated. And rest your voice if you don't have to use it.

In brief: Plent of water

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine