Any contraindication with the use of ADHD meds and kidney reflux in a elementary school age student.?

Dr. James Cain
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: No

No contraindications to this drug with reflux.

In brief: No

Dr. James Cain
Dr. James Cain
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: No, ma'am

Interesting question that i haven't thought about since one of my own kids was blessed with "giftedness", adhd & vesicoureteral reflux.
It all worked out. Thank you for checking it out. I don't know what i'd do without our local school nurses to help me take good care of my patients. Please let me know if you have further questions.

In brief: No, ma'am

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Carlos Barrios
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Not directly

Moreso, if ADHD medication were to increase anxiety rather than indirectly help to you reduce it.
In fact GERD can be associated with anxiety so anything that would help reduce anxiety would attenuate to GERD and the opposite is true. Take care

In brief: Not directly

Dr. Carlos Barrios
Dr. Carlos Barrios
2 comments
Dr. Johanna Fricke
What about vesico-ureteral reflux?
Dr. Carlos Barrios
Thanks Dr. Fricke, there was a similar question elsewhere about GERD. I will generate an answer for this one.
Dr. Shontae Buffington