I work near a nuclear plant. What should I do to protect myself?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: Knowledge

Barring any incidents that damage the integrity of the facility such as that which happened in japan you should have little to worry about.
Checking air quality in the area and looking for radiation levels through your local government should help set your mind at ease. It might not hurt to have some potassium iodide tablets available in the event of an incident.

In brief: Knowledge

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. David Djang
You probably don't have to do anything. Driving in your car is probably more dangerous than working near a nuclear plant.
Dr. David Djang
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Probably nothing.

You probably don't have to do anything.
Driving in your car is probably more dangerous than working near a nuclear plant.

In brief: Probably nothing.

You probably don't have to do anything.
Dr. David Djang
Dr. David Djang
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine