I used meth and smoked for 20 years. I'm wondering if my lungs will heal from that and how much damage i actually did?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: No crystal ball...

Using crystal meth probably causes more damage to the brain than lungs and some studies suggest significant psychological/mental or cognitive impairment and higher risk for dementia.
Smoking cigarettes is the #1 cause of lung cancer, but COPD (chronic obstructive lung disease) causes much more disability/lower quality of life. Quantity and duration of use influence risk. Consult doc. Good luck.

In brief: No crystal ball...

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Lung damage?

Wondering if u are still using, & if not, how long have u been off of the habit.
Best to consult your primary care doc. For evaluation of your health & respiratory functions.

In brief: Lung damage?

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Glad u r clean, hopefully your Primary Doc. will also give u clean bill of health. Great work.
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology