I've just started fish oil pills 1000 mg requested by my med doctor is it normal to have the runs have been taken for around 4 days now?

Stop now! Krill oil and fish oil are the new snake oil, both are high in omega 3 fatty acids which are extremely fragile. Omega 3 fish oils reduce triglycerides by impairing the liver's ablility to make them. However the oxidative stress caused by fish oil actually raises LDL cholesterol. Some day we may use the phrase "this is just more fish /krill oil" or "here comes the fish/krill oil salesman".
Stop them. The diarrhea is from the fish oil. Stop taking them. After it clears you can try at lower doses, a different brand or liquid type(barleans is pretty ok tasting) to see if that helps. You can also take calcium to help the bones and since it tends to constipate people, it is a nice mix with the fish oil.