I am have symptoms of low thyroid and adrenal fatigue.My total t3-66.1, cortisol-22.13,tsh&ft4-normal.Dr. says no tx.Should I see an endo/2nd opinion?

Discuss with doctor

Thyroid
Agreed with Dr. Lewy-Weiss. You should talk to your current doctor about your concerns to hear the reason why he/she made the recommendation that he/she did. This person knows ur symptoms and history best to make this determination. In general, a mildly elevated cortisol is "transient" and most likely will be normal the next time it's checked. Don't jump to treatment without knowing the diagnosis.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Acting very tired Antithyroid medication Cortisol level Lethargy Liothyronine T3 Thyroid gland Thyroid stimulating hormone Total t3 Women

Second opinion

Drowsiness
If measured in ng/mL then 22.13 is above and beyond expected norm. Over-production of cortisol also causes one to feel tired. T3 isn't useful in evaluating hypothyroidism except rarely. Endocrinologists look at TSH and FT4 for this.There are so many other things which could give you the symptoms you're having. If you maintain your focus on thyroid and adrenal you might be missing something else.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Acting very tired Antithyroid medication Cortisol level Endocrinology Focus Lethargy Liothyronine T3 Thyroid gland Thyroid stimulating hormone

answered:

Yes

Thyroiditis
Actually you may be better off seeing an Integrative Medicine doctor. You definitely need treatment, and some important thyroid labs were not done. Adrenal support needs to be in place before or together with thyroid support.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Acting very tired Antithyroid medication Cortisol level Integrative medicine Lethargy Liothyronine T3 Thyroid gland Thyroid stimulating hormone Total t3

T4/T3 conversion NG

Hydrocortisone
The elevated cortisol inhibits the hepatic transformation of T4 to T3. Normally the T4 is deioidonated to T3 to produce the active thyroid hormone. However the presence of high cortisol impairs this process. The TSH and FT4 are nl b/c the thyroid itself works fine, It is the liver that is not OK. Find and fix cause of cortisol elevation (various stressors) and possibly use T3 supplementation
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Acting very tired Antithyroid medication Cortisol level Hepatic Hormone Hypothyroidism Inflammation of the thyroid Lethargy Liothyronine Liver