Family psychotherapy I saw my child's therapist, alone, to discuss his status and condition. Md coded the bill with 90846. Will insurance cover this?

Health insurance. Health insurance companies and policies vary widely. To know what they cover (and what they do not) you need to check your policy handbook, web site, or other guidelines. If these do not tell you, you can call the company's help line to ask. Good luck to you.
Family Therapy. That is the code for family therapy, insurance companies vary as to whether they pay for family therapy or not. Check with your carrier and your state mental health commission for guidelines. Best.
Check your coverage. Depending on your plan, it might be, but I have unfortunately found that few plans cover the 90846 cpt (family tx) code. Give your insurance representative a call and see. Good luck!