How can I get rid of my scars safely?

Dr. Tsu-Yi Chuang
Dermatology

In brief: Yes and no

Most of the scar "removal" cream like mederma or laser is safe, however, its efficacy is hard to ascertain.
Surgery can get rid of it, but it creates new scar. So, say "get-rid-of-it" is exaggerated. Unreachable goal.

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Tsu-Yi Chuang
Dr. Tsu-Yi Chuang
Dr. Megan Jack
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Scar treatment

Depending on the problem with the scar there are treatments to improve them but nothing will completely remove them. I treat pigmented scars with bbl to lighten them, thick scars with fractional laser to soften them, or bad or wide scars with surgery to cut out the scar and re-sew it a more cosmetically pleasing way.
The laser approach requires a series of treatments to be effective--often 5-6.

In brief: Scar treatment

Dr. Megan Jack
Dr. Megan Jack
Dr. Vicken Poochikian