If I peel my scabs, will my skin be infected?

In brief: It is possible
Though not a high risk.
Peeling scabs can also increase scarring. Keeping a healing would protected with something like vaseline can improve the healing of superficial wounds and even shave biopsy sites.

In brief: It is possible
Though not a high risk.
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: Maybe
Peeling scabs exposes the deeper layers of unprotected skin to the elements, including the normal bacteria that reside on your skin.
This can lead to an infection. In addition, picking at scabs can cause scarring. The reason for the scab is so that your body can heel the blood vessels and skin underneath. The scab is a protective cover. It will fall off by itself when it is no longer needed.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Vicken Poochikian