I just got my nose pierced. I now smell something funny. Is this something serious?

Dr. Revathi Naadimuthu
Ophthalmology
In brief: Probably not
If there was bleeding, you may be smelling the iron in your blood, if the smell is metallic.
If it smells bad, and it's been a few days since having it pierced, it could possibly be an infection. Check if the area is tender and/or red - usually infection is accompanied by discomfort or pain, swelling and redness.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Revathi Naadimuthu
Dr. Revathi Naadimuthu
Dr. Damian Cornacchia
There is always a potential for a skin infection with any piercing, especially those involving the nose or areas that are often covered.
The funny odor could be a sign of infection and should be checked immediately.

Dr. Damian Cornacchia
Dr. Damian Cornacchia
Dr. Vicken Poochikian