Day 3 IVF transfer, it is now day 12 & I have no bleeding or spotting. I took a hpt which read positive. Can progesterone give a hot a positive read?

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: No ...
Progesterone does not affect a urine or blood pregnancy test.
There is a small chance of the HCG trigger shot before your retrieval still giving you a positive, but it's more likely that you're really pregnant. As you're 9 days post transfer talk to your clinic to arrange a blood pregnancy test. Best wishes!

In brief: No ...
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine
In brief: No
Progesterone will not give a false positive reading.
The value should be real. But it needs to be followed by blood work to make sure it continues to rise properly!

In brief: No
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Jane Van Dis