I work a lot with computer and lately my fingers have been aching and I feel pressure when I make a fist, is this carpal tunnel or arthritis coming on?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Carpal Tunnel
Carpal tunnel is typically manifested by numbness and/or tingling in the thumb, index, long, and half of the ring finger. Although aching may be reported, numbness and pins/needles are more common.
It can be reproduced by holding your wrist in the bent forward position for well over a minute or may be considered if you can elicit tingling with forcible tapping over the underside of the wrist.

In brief: Carpal Tunnel
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: Possibly
If you have an electrical sensation in your palm or fingers and especially if you feel pressure or pain when making a fist (but still able to make a fist), this may be carpal tunnel.
Arthritis is pain of the joints rather than a strictly nerve-type pain.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Michael Fitzmaurice
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Possible cts
Pain in the wrist and fingers associated with pressure when making a fist can certainly be caused from carpal tunnel syndrome.
An evaluation by a hand surgeon who can perform xrays and obtain nerve studies can easily determine the exact cause and treat accordingly.

In brief: Possible cts
Dr. Michael Fitzmaurice
Dr. Michael Fitzmaurice
Dr. Eric Weisman