My second series of supartz (hyaluronic acid) doesn't seem to be working, what should I do?

Dr. Vishal Shah
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Talk to your doctor

Supartz (hyaluronic acid) and other viscosupplementation series can be effective for treatment of mild to moderate osteoarthritis.
If it is no longer effective, your arthritis may have progressed and become more severe or there may be a new or different problem. You should discuss this with your doctor and reevaluate the situation. Other treatment options can be discussed.

In brief: Talk to your doctor

Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Vishal Shah

In brief: It can

Take many treatments with this treatment.
Discuss with doctor who is doing injections but be patient and likely will need another.

In brief: It can

Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman