I have pan and discomfort in my knees 6 mos after quad sparing knee replacement, should I be worried?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Keep working

Everyone recovers at a different rate.
While most people are happy with their outcome 6 months after a tka, it is likely that improvement will continue for up to 2 years after surgery. What is more important is the overall trend of your recovery. If your pain is slowly improving while the range of motion and walking ability slowly improve, this suggests that more pt and time will work.

In brief: Keep working

Everyone recovers at a different rate.
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Kevin Stone
Sports Medicine

In brief: Physical therapy

Pain is abnormal.
Try great manual therapy first with muscle strengthening. If that fails, repeat a full work up.

In brief: Physical therapy

Pain is abnormal.
Dr. Kevin Stone
Dr. Kevin Stone
Dr. Mary David
Should feel much better by now.
Dr. Christopher Hajnik
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Not yet

Full recovery can take up to a year. Assuming that you have no other symptoms and your knee exam is normal, continue with your therapy as directed.
You can always contact your orthopaedic surgeon if you have questions.

In brief: Not yet

Dr. Christopher Hajnik
Dr. Christopher Hajnik