I have had arthritis in my fingers for several years now and was just diagnosed withanklosing spondilitis, can they be treated the same way?

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Yes the medication
Can be effective for all your symptoms along with weight control, regular exercise, local applications of heat &/or ice along with avoiding tobacco use.

In brief: Yes the medication
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Betty Keller
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Depends
It depends on what type of arthritis you have in your hands.
It may or may not be related. The medications for your ankylosing spondylitis( usually an NSAID and a disease modifying medication) may also take care of your arthritis in your hands.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Betty Keller
Dr. Betty Keller
Dr. Eric Weisman