I have a lump on my collar bone and was told it's lipoma, should I get a biopsy?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: It depends
A lipoma, a benign fatty tumor, has a characteristic feel.
It is squishy, rubbery, and moves easily under the skin. A doctor diagnoses a lipoma by feel, location, and absence of other symptoms. If the lipoma doesn't grow and isn't causing symptoms, most doctors leave them alone. If a lipoma grows or becomes painful, an ultrasound or biopsy might be needed.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dermatology
In brief: Probably not
If it has been examined and was felt to be a typical lipoma and it is not changing or causing any symptoms, you should be fine just leaving it alone.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery