I've had total knee replacement surgery on both knees and now am having severe pain in left buttox and lower back, what can I do? Pt hasn't helped

Dr. Jack Choueka
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Spine evaluation

Spine pain radiating to the buttock region is a sign of nerve compression in the spine coming from either a herniated disc or arthritis in the spine.
A spine evaluation is needed.

In brief: Spine evaluation

A spine evaluation is needed.
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: See your surgeon

It is quite likely that the pain you are experiencing in the buttock and lower back are completely unrelated to your knee replacement surgeries.
If your pain has not responded to physical therapy, a thorough evaluation of your lower back (lumbar spine) is indicated.

In brief: See your surgeon

Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine