What is the likelihood of success of a chondral transplant from my knee to my toe?

Dr. Howard Luks
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Uncertain...

There is literature to support use of cartilage grafts "borrowed" from the knee to treat defects in the ankle.
.. But I do not believe there is any scientific literature for use in the toe. I also never like the idea of operating on a joint that doesnt hurt to try and heal a joint that does. Which toe? Why? How old are you? Are there arthritic changes?

In brief: Uncertain...

Dr. Howard Luks
Dr. Howard Luks

In brief: Some improvement

There is no perfect solution for arthritis or joint defects.
Chondral transplants can help some. Ultimately the joint may need to be fused or have a joint replacement.

In brief: Some improvement

Dr. Matthew Wilkin
Dr. Matthew Wilkin
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine