I have a bulge of tissure at the lower end of incision site from my hip replacement 4 mos ago, should I be concerned?

Dr. Scott Russinoff
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Maybe
You should see your surgeon.
It may be from normal or abnormal swelling. Gravity may make the bottom of the incision bulge. If it is not hot or red and your postoperative pain has been resolving it is probably ok. If it is painful you need to see your doctor!

In brief: Maybe
You should see your surgeon.
Dr. Scott Russinoff
Dr. Scott Russinoff
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Probably not
Scar healing can take up to 9 months.
There may be areas of swelling or even a "bulge" during the healing process. Make sure there is no redness around the area. Any concerns re your wound should be checked with your orthopaedic surgeon.

In brief: Probably not
Scar healing can take up to 9 months.
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Dr. Michael Patney
This could be a small muscle herniation in the closure, these are usually painless and not a problem. If it is unsitely and your concerned definitely see your surgeon!
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine