After total hip replacement 4 mos ago I have numbness/pain in incision area and down to the knee, what should I do?

Depends. Depending on the approach used by the surgeon the pain may be due to a cut or impinged nerve (direct anterior approach) or trochanteric bursitis (lateral, posterolateral, anterolateral approach). As the latter is more common approach, your numbness(related to the incision will diminish, and the pain will respond to therapy and steroid injection. See your doctor and explain your symptoms.
Inform surgeon. Numbness in the leg can be a complication of total hip replacement. Various nerves can be injured and cause numbness in certain areas of the leg. Inform the surgeon and he can further educate you.
Wait & See. Unless the nerve is completely cut, usuassly it is due to swelling or compression on the nerve and it commonly resolves ove time.