I broke my left collar bone 3 days ago with deisplacement less than 50% and was perscribed a sling, should I be on bed rest for these 3 weeks?

Dr. G Jason Hunt
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: No
Bedrest is not indicated for a clavicle fracture.
Sling is for comfort.

In brief: No
Sling is for comfort.
Dr. G Jason Hunt
Dr. G Jason Hunt
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: No, sling for pain
Most clavicle fractures are effectively treated without surgery in a sling for comfort.
Once the fracture ends begin to heal (get "sticky") and painful movement between the bone ends ceases, early range of motion via physical therapy guidance can begin. Bed rest is not indicated and would lead to unnecessary complications. A sling provides comfort. Walking for general health can start immediately.

In brief: No, sling for pain
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine