What can I expect using a knee immobiliser after having 2 screws inserted in my femur?

Dr. Jeffrey Kobs
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Knee immobilizer

There is no good brace for the proximal femur and hip joint.
In this case the knee immobilizer is used to make it dfficult to move your hip in the wrong direction. Keeping the knee from moving forces the hip to rest too thus causing less stress on the proximal and distal femur. It should not be worn more than a few weeks so that weakness and stiffness occur. Pt is usually started.

In brief: Knee immobilizer

Dr. Jeffrey Kobs
Dr. Jeffrey Kobs
Dr. Tal David
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Knee immobilizer

The purpose of knee immobilization after surgery is to prevent the bones from shifting.
Usually used for 6 weeks after screw placement.

In brief: Knee immobilizer

Dr. Tal David
Dr. Tal David
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine