Will extracorporeal shock wave therapy cure my plantar fasciitis?

Dr. Brynn Ewen
Podiatry

In brief: Possible

Shockwave therapy has been shown to be effective at relieving pain from plantar fasciitis in about 2/3 of patients.
It works by stimulating the inflammatory cascade thus causing he body to heal itself. I also believe that stretching, good shoes, and custom orthotics are important in preventing the plantar fasciitis from returning.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Brynn Ewen
Dr. Brynn Ewen
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: It can

Not everything works for everyone - it is one of the many treatment options available for this condition.

In brief: It can

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Abdul Ahmed
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It may help

It is worth trying along with stretching exercises.

In brief: It may help

Dr. Abdul Ahmed
Dr. Abdul Ahmed
Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry

In brief: It might!

There are no guarantees, but it's a great tool for treating plantar fasciitis, especially the chronic kind that's been going on for several months!

In brief: It might!

Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine