Is it safe to get the smallpox vaccine while pregnant?

Would not. The vaccinia virus in the smallpox vaccine is an attenuated (weaken) but live virus and we avoid using live virus vaccines during pregnancy if possible.
Smallpox vaccine. Smallpox vaccination should not be given during pregnancy and a woman should not become pregnant until at least one month after vaccination. http://www.bt.cdc.gov/training/smallpoxvaccine/reactions/contraindications.html **The American public has not received routine smallpox vaccinations since 1972. All natural sources of smallpox have been eradicated. According to the CDC “The U.S. government.
No. Although smallpox vaccination is rarely given today except in very exceptional circumstances, you should not receive it if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant soon. You should also look closely into the recommendation for such a treatment, which is considered to pose much greater risk than the risk of getting this disease, which has been effectively eliminated.
No. Live virus vaccines are not recommended during pregnancy. These should only be administered if benefits outweigh risks. This should be reviewed with your physician and based on your health status and any planned travel to endemic areas, etc.